Sunday, July 21, 2013

Finished Covers

Here is a picture of the finished covers I made for our outdoor Martha Stewart furniture.
The covers on the original disintegrated after 2 years and MS doesn't sell replacements. I got the sunbrella fabric at JoAnn's for $11.99 per yard (Sunbrella is $25+/yard in catalogs and online). There is a company called Sailrite that has great videos on covering just about everything step by step and very clear videos. The piping was the expensive part, so I did not pipe everything like I would if it was my indoor furniture that needed the totally polished look. It looks nice, but a tad on the shabby chic side. In the catalogs, replacement cushions would have been more than $300. I finished these for $120.00 with the sales at JoAnn's and their great 40-50% off coupons.

Now on to the next project.....



No comments:

Post a Comment